Imagine a perfectly moist slice of homemade banana bread. Ok, that sounds pretty delicious, right?! I wanted to put a warm twist on traditional banana bread while adding a good dose of protein. This honey cinnamon oat bread turned out ideal. The cinnamon adds a warm component while the honey replaces the sweetness that typically comes from the banana. Being that it’s not overly sweet, you can enjoy a healthy slice of this bread anytime of the day!
• 3 egg whites
• ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 scoops Lean Body Naturally Sweetened Protein Powder
• ½ cup oat flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup almond meal flour
• ¼ cup baking stevia
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard sized loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Add egg whites, yogurt, honey, and extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until mixture is smooth.
3. Add in the remainder of ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into loaf pan, smoothing down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 42-44 minutes, or until toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted in center of loaf. 6. Let cool for 1 hour then slice into 16 pieces.
Makes 16 Slices
• You can use this recipe to make great muffins, too!
• You can substitute honey with any sticky sweetener, such as agave or maple syrup.
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.