Cookie? Pie? Cake? The Whoopie Pie is like having all three in one tempting treat! These cream-filled carrot cake protein whoopie pies were my very first attempt at making whoopie pies. I am very pleased with the results! You will be too! I did not have a whoopie pie pan, but you can certainly use that if you have one. I found that the ramekins worked perfectly as long as you put the same amount of whoopie pie batter in each one. I wanted to make it similar to a classic carrot cake so I added cream cheese icing to the center and rolled them in chopped pecans. The macros does not include the chopped pecans, but there were so little used it shouldn’t add that much fat and calories to them. Enjoy!
• 2 egg whites
• ¼ cup carrot puree (I used carrot baby food)
• 1 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
• ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
• ¼ cup almond meal flour
• ¾ scoop Lean Body Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
• 3 Tbsp. baking stevia or xylitol
• ¼ tsp. baking powder
• ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Icing
• ¼ cup low fat cream cheese
• 2 Tbsp. baking stevia or xylitol
• 15 drops liquid stevia
• 1 Tbsp. Lean Body Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 4 small ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Whisk together egg whites, carrot puree, and coconut oil until smooth. Add in the
remainder of the whoopie pie ingredients and whisk until well combined. Spoon
about ¼ cup whoopie pie batter into each ramekin, making sure there is an even
amount of batter in each ramekin.
3. Bake pies in the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until center is cooked. Remove from
oven and let cool for about 30 minutes while you make the icing.
4. Melt the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds, or until slightly softened.
Add in sweeteners & protein powder and stir until smooth. Evenly spread icing in
between two whoopie pie halves, making two whoopie pies total. Roll outer edges in
chopped pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
• You may substitute whole-wheat pastry flour with oat flour or regular flour.
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.