There’s a song about them and now there’s a super easy meal prep recipe for them! Today we make our Sloppy Joes in a slow cooker and keep them packed with over 200 grams of protein in the whole recipe!
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 Chopped Green Bell Pepper
• 1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
• 1/2 Chopped Onion
• 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
• 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I used 96/4)
• 1 Can (15 Ounces/425g) Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning
• 4 Tablespoons (68g) Ketchup (Look for low sugar)
• 4 Tablespoons (66g) Tomato Paste
• 2 Tablespoons (42g) Honey
• 2 Teaspoons (10g) Mustard
• A little Black Pepper
• A little Salt
1. Heat up your Olive Oil in a pan on Medium Heat
2. Chop and cook your Bell Peppers, Onion, and Garlic in that pan for a couple minutes
3. Add in and brown your Beef or Turkey
4. Drain your Beef or Turkey mixture if you didn’t use a lean meat
5. Throw a liner in your slow cooker for easy cleanup (if you have them)
6. Add all of your ingredients including your meat mixture into your slow cooker
7. Mix everything together
8. Put your slow cooker on Low Heat for 4 hours
Tips: Use whatever vegetables you want!
Throw your mixture in a low carb or lettuce wrap!
Don’t have time to cook your meat? Throw everything in your slow cooker raw and cook it on Low Heat for 7-8 hours!
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.