From time to time, we will publish educational articles that have differing points of view from what we promote at Labrada Nutrition. This is not to confuse readers, but rather to arm them with information and educate them on other dietary programs. While it’s easy to get lost in the diet programs that come and go (Atkins, Keto, Paleo, Zone, South Beach etc.), learning the concepts and reasoning for differing approaches will help you solidify and affirm your personal program according to your specific age, body-type, metabolic status and goals. In our Labrada Coaching and Nutrition Plans, we typically recommend a higher carbohydrate intake than the Atkins program for best results, but also recognize that specific metabolic, longevity, and or health issues may require modification. Enjoy!
Today is the day! It is now acceptable to eat a burger for breakfast! This Breakfast Burger packs a ton of flavor and protein all while having only 1 GRAM OF NET CARBS! The best part? It only takes around 15 minutes to make and you can customize it however you like to fit your cravings!
• 6 Ounces Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I like 93/7)
• A little Olive Oil or Butter
• 1 Slice of Cheese per Burger
• 1 Large Whole Egg
• Black Pepper (Optional)
• 2 Slices of Bacon per Burger
• Tomato (Optional)
• Onion (Optional)
1. Shape your burgers and place an indent in the middle of each burger using your fingers (this helps them stay flat)
2. Turn your burner on Medium High heat, take out a stove top pan, and add in a little Olive Oil or Butter to it
3. Once it heats up place your burgers in
4. Cook each side for a few minutes (or to desired temperature)
5. If you’re using Cheese add it on around a minute after you flip your burgers and cover if you want it to melt faster
6. Fry up an Egg with a little Black Pepper on it
7. Take out a thick slice of Lettuce that can fold over
8. Add in your burger followed by some bacon, your fried egg, and whatever else you want on it
9. Wrap it up
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.