Your favorite local burrito spot is now your SLOW COOKER! Today we create the EASIEST, most delicious, best sounding, and protein packed recipe you’ve had yet. This recipe has it all…AND more!
• 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Chicken Breast
• 2 Cans (439g Cans/878g Total) Low Sodium Black Beans
• 1 Jar (24 Ounces/680g) Salsa
• 2 Cups (270g) Frozen Corn
• 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Water
• 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
• 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
• 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
• 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 1 Teaspoon Oregano
• Some Black Pepper
Tip: If you don’t have all those spices, and/or want something cheap and quick, you can use: 1/2 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
1. Trim the fat off of your Chicken Breast and cut them in half
2. Layer your Chicken into the bottom of your slow cooker
3. Drain and rinse your Black Beans then add everything else in
4. Give it a quick mix to combine your spices, making sure to keep your Chicken submerged before covering
5. Cover and cook on Low Heat 7-8 hours or High Heat 4-5 hours
6. Once cooked, take 2 forks and shred up your Chicken
Tip: Switch up the temperature with other spices or mild, medium, and hot salsa!
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.