Whether it’s hot and muggy outside, or a time for celebration — ice cream is a tried and true go-to cold treat. Chunky Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream is one of my all-time favorite flavors. Here is a healthy, protein-packed version of that delicious flavor combo. YUMMMM!
• ½ cup vanilla almond milk
• ½ cup plain greek yogurt
• 2 cups ice
• 3 cups frozen cherries
• 1/3 cup all natural cashew butter (or almond butter)
• 2 scoops Lean Body Naturally Sweetened Vanilla whey protein powder
• ½ cup baking stevia (or regular sugar)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips
1. Combine almond milk, yogurt, ice, frozen cherries, cashew butter, protein powder, stevia, and extract in a blender or food processor. Blend, stopping to stir a couple of times, until mixture is smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container (I used an 8×8 glass dish) and smooth down with a spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
3. Place container in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove from the freezer and let sit for 10-12 minutes then serve with your favorite toppings, such as more cherries or sugar-free chocolate syrup
Makes 8 1-Cup servings
• For added creaminess and thickness, add ¼ teaspoon each of guar gum and xanthan gum while blending until desired consistency is reached.
• If you prefer chocolate ice cream, you can use chocolate almond milk and Lean Body Naturally Sweetened chocolate protein powder instead of the vanilla milk and vanilla protein.
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.