It’s time we circle back and take a trip down QUINOA LANE! Today we remove the annoying out of preparing quinoa. This quick Bodybuilding Southwestern Quinoa Casserole is great for meal prep, doesn’t take long at all, is easy to switch up when you get bored, and is PACKED with great macros!
• 1 Can (14.5 Ounces/411g) Diced Tomatoes
• 1 Can (15.5 Ounces/439g) Drained & Rinsed Black Bean
• Some Diced Green Chiles
• 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Corn
• 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
• Some Sliced Jalapeños
• 1 Cup (172g) Uncooked Quinoa
• 3 Teaspoons (12g) Taco Seasoning Mix
• 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 1/4 Cups (10 Ounces) Broth
• 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
• 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Browned Meat *Optional
• 1 Cup (112g) Cheddar Cheese (Reduced/ Fat-Free Preferred)
1. Add and mix everything together aside from your Cheese in a bowl
2. Pour that mix into a casserole dish
3. Bake on 400F/204C for around 30-35 minutes or until your Quinoa is tender
4. Remove and top with your Cheese
5. Bake for another 5-10 minutes on 400F/204C or until your Cheese has melted
Tips: Use fresh vegetables if you don’t like frozen!
Look for lower sodium alternatives to all of your ingredients!
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.